Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year End Review


With the sun setting on 2010, my family has much to be thankful for, as I'm sure yours does as well. A few things my family went to, was a part of, or witnessed this year were:

  • three of our children getting baptized
  • meeting and getting to know many new friends, including the Brookshire's, Hoover's, Shock's, Bandy's and Bult's
  • attended the Reformaiton Day Faire at Providence Church, and was able to spend time talking with Kevin Swanson, and my good friend, James McDonald
  • wife and daughters attended several 'ladies teas' and received much encouragement
  • my family was able to see Voddie Baucham speak at the ICHE convention, and my wife and daughters were able to personally meet Jasmine Baucham at a ladies tea as well
  • camped out for the first time over Memorial Day weekend
  • attended a very elegant Father and Daughter dinner in Palos Heights, IL., hosted by my friends at Christian Heritage Church of Orland Park
  • our eldest daughter, Janai, began working part-time from home for my brother in the Real Estate business
  • our daughter Naomi, excelled in the area of computers, making blog buttons and designing backgrounds for our families blogs
  • Janai began teaching piano to her younger siblings
  • I worked half the year in a new position at work
  • my family was blessed with a free car from a dear family in the Lord
  • my truck went over the 200k mile mark
  • my family was given a free bbq grill from a good friend in the Lord
  • the Lord was faithful to my family through several bouts with illness
  • finally watched the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy with my older children (Smeagle liked it!)
  • my family acquired two pet guinea pigs (one free, one not)
  • I finally gave my wife the ceiling fan in the kitchen she'd been wanting for...let's just say a while!
  • the Lord blessed the fruit of my wife's hand, and she was able to create revenue from three different online streams 
  • my wife and I attended my 20 year Kelvyn Park High School reunion (Go Panthers!)
  • Jesus Christ reigned supreme from the throne of Heaven!

And the list could go on and on, as I'm sure yours could too. So, from the Fuentes family to yours, I hope you had a truly wonderful 2010, and I hope and pray that 2011 is an even greater year!


~Happy New Year from The Male Domain~