Monday, October 11, 2010

Why Glorify Evil?



My family doesn't celebrate, honor, give credence to, attention to, or spend money on, Halloween. Why not? -you ask- because we're Christians, I say. We'd rather do all the above for the one who redeemed us from our voracious appetites for evil, Jesus Christ.

Now, if you're not a Christ follower, go ahead, indulge in Halloween. I don't expect you to live under biblical authority (although, even unbelievers are blessed when they adhere to biblical precepts), but, if you'd rather not, I won't hold it against you.

On the other hand, if you are a Christ follower, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb through and through, I'm curious to know why you would choose to bring attention to, exaltation to, and spend your money on, that which God says to avoid? Just curious, that's all - really - I'm not looking for a fight, or trying to judge your motives or heart, (only God can do that), but I'm always fascinated at the responses Christians give when they try to justify celebrating Halloween every year about this time. It's like Mike Tyson in a spelling bee - lots of mumbling, studdering, and sweating!

So go ahead, throw a punch, I can take it. Just stay above the belt because I'd like to have more kids!

Whatever you choose for your family, just remember this - the cross of Christ unites us, and therefore, if you disagree with me, I'm cool with that, and as an expression of my solitude with you, if we ever meet I'd be willing to to let you buy me a cup of coffee as we chat about how wrong you are on this one! Peace...



--------------------------------



To see a short video about the origins of Halloween, visit my wife's blog, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, by clicking here! She has quite an array of opinions being expressed...



--------------------------------



(Like the content on The Male Domain? Subscribe to my posts easily by clicking here! ~Thanks)